Signs of an Alcoholic
For many, drinking alcohol is something they do casually to have a good time. For others, this has become a way of life. Many of the people who fit into the latter category find that they are addicted to alcohol, and unable to cut this substance from their life.
Are you worried that alcohol is playing too big of a role in your life? Are you concerned about a loved one who may have a drinking problem?
There are many telltale signs that somebody is struggling with an alcohol addiction. For a better idea of if you or a loved one fits into this group, answer the following questions:
- You need to drink more alcohol to achieve the same effect
- You cannot control how much you drink
- When you stop drinking you are faced with withdrawal symptoms
- You spend a lot of time drinking and just as much time recovering from your overuse
- You have cut other activities out of your life so you have more time to drink
- You continue to abuse alcohol even though it has a negative impact on your life
Common Withdrawal Symptoms
Many people who are addicted to alcohol attempt to stop cold turkey. However, most find that they are faced with withdrawal symptoms. These can include:
- High blood pressure
Now that you are aware of the signs, symptoms, and health risks of consuming too much alcohol, you can take the steps towards bettering your life or helping a loved one overcome his or her addiction.